Saturday, May 17, 2014

Blue Butterfly!

Hi Everyone,

I saw the coolest thing last week! I was outside with Mrs. Migoski before school one morning when I noticed a blue butterfly on the shutter of the house. When I looked closer, I saw the cocoon it had just come out of right below it.  Do you know the fancy word for cocoon? It is chrysalis.  


See the chrysalis below the butterfly? I can't believe it fit in there! We watched the butterfly for a few minutes and then it flew away.  Its first flight! It was an exciting moment. Mrs. Migoski looked up the real name for this butterfly.  You'll never guess...

It is called the Red Spotted Purple butterfly. Let's look at that butterfly again.


Do you see any red?  Any spots?  Any purple? Where do they get these names? 

I didn't think I was going to have any new friends come to visit this week but then on Thursday in came Katie Ann. 


It is the last full week of school and the last music class for most of you. This will be the last time Mrs. Migoski shows you my blog this year. Don't worry though, I'm sure I will be blogging over the summer. Please don't forget me and be sure to get on the blog every once in a while and see what I am up to. Have a great summer.  Read lots of books. I'll see you in August.

Love,

Kit